Thursday, November 17, 2011

Final Moments, Last Thoughts, Top Floor: Hardware, Childrens Wear, Ladies Lingeree...

I... Hold fiercely to my concept of reality
I fight for it, and I often win...  But you can't fight if your legs have been taken out from underneath you...
I suppose I can't and shouldn't complain, I had my fairy tale, I had my knight.. and he fought for me, he rescued me, he gave me the sun and the world was bright because of it...  No sun lasts forever, they all burn out, I just didn't think my light would be gone so soon after I had grown accustomed to it's warmth.  A fairy tale doesn't end happily... not always... that's the illusion that we have given ourselves so we can smile at the end.  The end isn't the place for a smile, it is the resting place of tear stained pages.It's the sigh as you close the book, and accept that it's the end.  Time to put this on the shelf, I can take it down when it's less painful, look at it fondly, knowing that this story ended before I was ready for it to.  Knowing that this will never ever be over for me.

I swear, if you looked at what I've given up... cosmically... I live the life of a monk...

No comments:

Post a Comment